Saturday, January 12, 2013

Week 2 - reflections

The second week was even better and more compelling than the first week.

Long lists of search engines, with links I have never heard before giving well structured and easy to find material for teachers, learners, administrators , education mangers,...... It was just wonderful.

It really and truely was a very timeconsuming task to search, read, write, add to blogs comment, but I am sure it was worth spending all the time.

In the beginning I felt a bit confused with the ABCD model, which was new to me. I know quite a few strategies and teaching models that help creating a well prepared lesson plan. They all seem to be a bit similar  to the ABCD-model but each model/strategy had a specific focus. 

Overall I am sure that all have one in common:  a well prepared and balanced lesson that meets learners needs in class. I suppose, the idea is to the ABCD-model as guideline to prepare our final project exercise.




Learning languages is like puzzling, 
each effort we take will complete 
the picture piece by piece slowly!



Now it's time to get some sleep, in order to be fit for week 3!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Brigitte!
    It's wonderful to join a community of teachers around the world in this course.
    I have read your Week 2's reflection and find that we share the same interest and challenge.
    I have look at your profile and picture and I think that you have lots of experence in teaching online, the field I'm very interested in. Hope to talk to you more.
    Best regards,
    Huong

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Nguyen
      thanks for your polite feedback. Yes, I am experienced but I am still developing my teaching skills. I might appear like an expert in some kind but I don't feel like that, this attitude keeps me curious about everything that deals with teaching, education, training, tuition and coaching. Looking forward to exchanging thoughts and ideas with you.

      regards
      Brigitte

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Brigitte,
    Your approach to learning language is really nice.I think technology helps us during teaching, tution and coaching.
    Technology is necessary to sort through, capture, organize, synthesize, analyze, summarize and report on huge amounts of data out there and essential to have access to and make sense of in a globalized competitive world. Even students here in Azerbaijan are not exempt. There is no where to hide. This is why the program to get 1 computer to every student in developing areas is so important. They aren’t exempt from the world’s realities either.

    Teachers as facilitators and coaches need to prepare students to enter social and professional environments that did not exist just a few years ago. But, if students are taught to learn to learn and use the tools that are in front of then … and to explore their curiosity in a critical thinking and inquiry based fashion is groups and independently, then they will succeed and contribute positively to society, their communities, their families and friends and to themselves.
    Best Regards,
    Peri

    ReplyDelete