Saturday, January 12, 2013

Week 3 - reflections

Another amazing week has just started: 

www.delicious.com
Useful links like delicious  and similar web tools werde examined and looked at. As I am not new to delicious and some simple links sharing tools, I was still impressed by the vast variety of links for knowledge sharing and collaborating out there. 

http://similsite.com/websites-similar-to/?s=www.diigo.com&ch=5378387101&gclid=CJmY4di9_7QCFUbKtAodLWwALQ
Similar sites to delicious. It's amazing how many are available out there in the net.

www.voicethread.com
If you wish to give your presentation a voice, just choose this one. Looks funny and easy, can be easily handled by pupils and students for presentations as well, or by teachers when introducing a new topic in a lively way.

By the way I tried a new search engine which let me discover similar sites to delicious!!!!
http://similsite.com/about.html
Similsite is an interesting, an easy to use and free search engine, fast and handy but the the listed overview/clear structure would need improving.

Although there are masses of helpful tools, I am still looking for something to store links plus material plus pictures,... on one online platform. All the data should be administrated by an "ACCESS-like program" and all data should be easily linked similar to tags, to rearrange and sort by categories. Today I felt like a web-newbie, although I have been working with web tools for years. This makes me even more curious to dive deeper and deeper into the virtual world. 

Thanks to Robert's wiki with the list for collecting useful links for buillding oral/aural skills, and I also appreciate my classmates work and added suggestions of fantastic material and links. It's worth using it in class and for preparing lessons. 
https://sites.google.com/site/webskillswikiwinter2013robert/suggested-links/oral-aural-skills

Reading some of the eteacher pre-course project papers and looking at classmates blogs and posts is in fact a very timeconsuming task, but due to all eteacher participants' teaching experience, their comments and enriching ideas, I think it is worth spending nights in front of the PC, to get inspired and of course to improve teaching styles and teaching material.

Johanna Zubel's project plan of Spring 2010, she is teacher at Jesuit University in Poland, impressed me most, because the leverl of her learners and the class-mix is in some ways similar to mine. I also liked her detailed instructions and clear project design. In her daily teachings she faces a lot of problems (no internet in class) and extends the communication to an out-of-class activity. And her ideas to solve this problem is very much the same with what I have to put up with.

I do understand her ideas, plans and issues and like her focus on learners' needs throughout her project.



3 comments:

  1. Briggette. I find Voicethread very useful. We use it last December for our teacher-exchanging projects .
    The teachers have to upload their project and then on a given date and time, they were supposed to read each other's project and give an account or leave a message. They were delighted as they were able to work at their pace.
    Elena

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am fortunate to know this site Voicethread.com and try it at the end of week 3. It's really useful. I added it to my delicious and i will use it in my projects.Thank your for your help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Brigette,

    You are right it has been an amazing week full of discoveries. It's a good idea to create a kind of storage of useful information on one online platform. In my view, you are a very intelligent and creative person who is always in search of something new.

    ReplyDelete