Tuesday, March 12, 2013

week 10 - reflections

10th and last week of eTT informed about Lo Ti (Levels of Technology integration):
http://www.loticonnection.com/


The survey was interesting to do. Concerning the questions in the survey, my results in my particular teaching situation depend on availability of internet in class. Very often I had to answer "never used" due to the fact, that I don't have internet in class, although my learners are highly motivated in using technology for learning. I have to introduce technology outside of my class in extra lessons from home "online tuition". If the questions had been based on technology for learning in general (inside and outside of classroom) I would have answered "few times per week" or even "daily".

The Survey platform also offers a lot of useful material - tutorials for programs and tools, such as: 
http://www.homeandlearn.co.uk/
http://www.homeandlearn.co.uk/NET/vbNet.html
video tutorial: http://www.cbtcafe.com/powerpoint/index.html


teens & stress - how do they react: "very good video" from science nation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=42t51w63jCs
more useful links:  http://larryferlazzo.edublogs.org/2011/06/19/the-best-resources-for-learning-about-teens-stress/
BBC stresstest: https://www.bbc.co.uk/labuk/experiments/stress/


More good links for extras, ideas, lesson plans and interactive teaching material: http://www.learner.org/
interactive teaching material:  http://www.learner.org/interactives/


Looking back and thinking about the 10-weeks-eTT and if I did it again, I would start to create an Excel sheet right in the beginning. An Excel sheet to collect all the useful links about programs, texts, videos, tools with a short description what it is all about and the passwords, so it is easy to overview and quick to enter and simple to search and choose a specific program for special purpose. An Excel sheet, which can be easily updated and completed, also always ready for use off-line and to regularly upload it to a site for on-line use.
This is some kind of system that I would need for my daily work as language trainer in online and offline class.


7 comments:

  1. yes if I were to start the whole thing again I will start to download everything my collagues did and everything Robert sent us to share it with others and the things that I couldn t read for later reading. That is great

    Elena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Brigitte,

    It's a very bright idea thinking of a means to keep all the documents in only one place. I say it because we had so many documents to read, and to be honest, with time constraints, it was not obvious to go through all these documents at a time. Besides, the documents the Intructor gave us and the other documents the colleagues shared with us can be of help to us sooner or later.

    With regrads,

    Dagnogo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    Brigitte,

    We learned many thing with in this 10 week period, I am so much happy with you all mates and dear instructor. We learned different ideas of teaching and learning by the use of technology. Of course, all documents are very helpful for developing professionalism. I like your ideas of creating Excel sheet for keeping this documents and web tools, so that we can read any time. During the course, this is ever remembering experiences for me since it is my first time learning experience from this course.


    thanks.

    Mahesh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi dear Brigitte,
    We reached to the end of our course.
    The main aim of UOO course was to develop a formal plan for incorporating technology into our teaching or class preparation in at least one new way and share our ideas with a group of teachers from all over the world.
    Well, I think that aim was not wide enough to what we all experienced!

    We were in touch with different online tools that are available FOR FREE for all teachers who are willing to give technology a go and who are trying to take advantage of the time students spend online doing things and activities that are not useful for them whatsoever. ONLINE learning really works well!
    I wish you and all friends success in future!
    Bye,
    See you,
    Regards,
    Parvana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello brigitte falkner ,

    How lucky you are! to use the survey. It provided you with many useful ways which will guide you and your students in your work. Anyhow, I happy to be with you in the course. I wish you a good luck.

    Mustafa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Brigitte,

    what a wonderful idea to create an Excel sheet to save all the links! As for me, I am quite happy to have all the intersting links in my "delicious" page.

    I want to say I have always read your posts in the nicenet with interest, your teaching practice and opinion were very important to me. I was lucky to be in the same group with you. I wish you the best in your teaching adult students!


    Irada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Irada

      Thank you for your reply and your positive words. Concerning saving all links to delicious, you are right, I also do that, but in an offline class I usually recommend a lot of links to my students, but I cannot open delicious without internet. Therefore an excel sheet is more useful. In my online classes, I of course use delicious.
      In some "in company trainings" I just suggest special links for my students as special service and therefore I do not offer everything on delicious.

      And,I like double-save all my data and links for quick and save access. Excel is a good help, because I can print it as well and can reorganise and add extra information afterwards as well.

      I am happy that I could learn from all of you. Thanks and good luck for your etechnology enhanced classes.

      regards
      Brigitte

      Delete